Nephrotic Syndrome

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I am 50 years old and have had Nephrotic Syndrome for the last 3 years.

Over the last 3 years Doctors tried me on 60mg a day of prednisolone for 3 months. I gradually got to 10mg then relapsed so back up again to 40mg plus cyclosporin. That treament got me back to 10mg of prednisolone but then I had a relapse. Then tried Levamisole, that did nothing. The last thing we tried was Cyclophosphamide(chemo). That was not very nice but after 8 weeks treatment I have no protein leak at all and no swelling. I am down to 5mg of prednisolone and will gradually come off them completely. I also take just 10mg rampril a day for blood pressure and adcal-d3, but no water tablets. This was in October 2014 and I have now finished the Chemo. I still have my hair too and feel great, like I used to three years ago before I was diagnosed.

Has anyone else had chemotherapy for Nephrotic Syndrome?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear life is hard . I suppose health is a kind of balance really.

Never thought I would end up with Nephrotic Syndrome, probably because I've never heard of it ! I've had it for almost a 9 months I think.

Did a 5 mile walk yesterday, and i'm feelings the effects now.! Knackered !

I want to hear your getting better please ?

• Posted

Hi Eric,

Well done for doing the walk. How are you today? Yes I feel gresat as no protein leak for 2 months now. What medicines are you taking?

• Posted

Now forgive me if I don't know something I should , but I've never heard of Alkaline diet ! 

Generally if people talk about Alkallis  they mean Ph's in eccess of 7 or more. 

Reducing the Ph of food is something that the digestiion does in order to make food available to normal body processes. 

Thanks for your reply will look - up Alkalis in foods.

• Posted

I take 20 mgs of Prednisisolone, 2.5 mgs of Bisoprolol Fumerate Lansoprazole .

And a few other things. Also I have minor blood -clots too, treated with Warfarin.

I'm trying to renew my kitchen , which means knocking down a wall. I'm just taking kitchen units to the tip at the moment but eventually will have to start with the sledgehammer and drills. But trying to be positive !!

• Posted

Yes stay positive and keep up the good work of kitchen instalation. We just did ours so know how hard it is. I follow the Alkaline diet, that helps alot. I notice a massive difference if I dont follow it for a few days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.