Nephrotic syndrome

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've come off steroids and am having all over pain and painful joints.Has anyone else felt this way and what did you do about it

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Dear Nonita,

Could identify with those symptoms. But I had the same feelings......on steriods. I was on 80mgs a day. I'm down to 2mgs now. I just assume they are weaning me off very slowly. 

I'd never heard of 'Nephrotic syndrome' until it hit me. Hope I never have to experience that again.

Regards,  Eric

• Posted

Are you recovered from nephrotic syndrome?

Please tell me i have same and very much tensed

• Posted

Yes I did it does get better but it takes a while off 7 months and still get pain in joints and my legs and hands are worse had a injection in my hand to held the pain  
  • Posted

So are you diagnosed from nephrotic syndrome?
  • Posted

Dear Nonita & Shivak,

I've been off Steroids  for about 1 year or more. Steroids do have awful side effects. But just do exactly as the doctor advices. I don't see any other course of treatment is going to help. No one knows what causes Nephrotic Syndrome but if this treatment helps, and it may take many years, why not stick with it? In my case I was ill (really ill) for two years. It wasn't easy but I just stuck with it. And when I reduced the dose (Second time: - failed first time) I reduced really slowly, down as low as .25 of one gram, One quarter of a 1gram pill.  Regards and good luck to all. E x

• Posted

Hi Nontia,

Yes yes yes. It's so painful but after about 6 months this pain will gradually disappear.

Lots of healthy eating and water xx

• Posted

See your G.P. (I'm assuming you live in UK) Many of the GP's I see, have never heard of Nephrotic Syndrome. No one knows how this condition develops and there may be many causes?

Or better still, ask to see the Nephrologist and ask their advice.

On this site many people advise drinking lots of water. I don't know that is good. When I was in hospital I was on limited intake of (1 Litre per day) . But don't do anything without the medical advice of a Nephrologist. First time I came off Steroids I relapsed. (I too had all the symptoms you descibe and torn muscles) Second time; I tapered the dose down very carefully, making sure I took those pills every day. I've bought my own test strips and do a test every week without fail, it is always negative ! Thank God. 

Regards, E

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.