Nervous as anything to start Escitalopram!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all,

I have suffered horrible anxiety my entire life, but I just dealt with it. I have had a really bad year losing many people including my mom, and my dog. life is getting way to hard for me mentally, Recently I've been-suffering from optical migraines, and PVC's that are very debilitating to me, and freak me out! I have no quality of life constantly worrying. My Doctor would like me to start 5 mg of Escitalopram even cutting it in half the first month to ease into it (she knows I am petrified of this pill!) Ive had it here for weeks, I am so scared to take it. Has anyone else feared this pill this much, and if so how did you get passed the fear? I need to get over this, and try to live without fear and worry all the time. One other thing that scares me is, I'm taking Propranolol for the PVC's and I'm afraid they wont go together well. I actually took a leave from work, but i just want to go back staying home just makes me more crazy. Thank you for reading.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello

I'm in the same boat as you, have been dealing with anxiety since I was 19-years- old (I'm 38-years-old now) and like you, I've always just dealt with it. However, it's now debilitating, I too, had to take leave from work because the anxiety is horrible, It's on a level I've never experienced before (I'm just about sure that I'm in perimenopause) and my doctor just gave me a prescription for Escitalopram 11/27/23 and I'm terrified to take it, I have a sever abrasion to any kind of medication as well as supplements. I was also giving 5mg, however, once I got home. I just threw it in a drawer. Have you started yours? If so, how are you getting on?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.