Nervous for tomorrow

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have been on here a few times!mi have health anxiety, the smallest things wrong turns into an awful disease! I am not young,  am 47 ! Tomorrow I go for a cat scan of the abdomen and pelvic area as I have has pain for 6 months! As said before, bloodwork and physical fine but ultrasound showed an artifact on my kidney! According to add, artifact means something the U/s could not identify, such as a cyst, a shadow or even a glitch in the machine or it could be worse! I am nervous to high heck and scared to death! Even though nothing else showed on the ultrasound, I fear something horribke like cancer of anything will appear! I am dick to my stomach over this and am asking for prayers that all will be ok! Thank you for all the support 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I will pray for you Marla. Try to relax by taking deep breaths and reminding yourself that you will cross that bridge when you get to it....whether bad or good. Try to be positive as it helps with anxiety. Trust me, I've been there and was sick to my stomach but used my coping skills to turn the negative thoughts into positive ones and it worked for me. It turned out I didn't have breast cancer. I will pray for you!
  • Posted

Praying will help, but you taking action will be more helpful. You must ask yourself how uncomfortalbe this experience is going to be to make some REAL changes. If you're ready to commit to change, then fix your diet. All your health conditions are related to your diet. Eat real food as a change. Not processed or junk food. 
  • Posted

I believe in the power of prayer. I talk to God when my back is against the wall and I have felt better.

You are lucky to be having that scan as they are not keen on giving them to anybody due to budget cuts. It will answer any fears that you have and then you can deal with your life.

The thing about anxiety is try not to give into it. Go out even if it is just for a walk. You never know who you may meet. I did that one day and I met a lady who asked me to go to Starbucks. I was glad that I had made the effort that day. My anxiety vanished.

Let me know how you get on? Hugs across the network.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.