New discussion on pros and cons to the Medtronic scs.

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had a Medtronic Intellius scs placed in my lower back 1 and 1/2 weeks ago. I had it implanted for Chronic pain due to a accident in 2014. I had been knocked into a empty barge on the Ohio. I had fx my right heel, fx left ankle and had surgery on both feet and left ankle. I was taking oxycodone and anti inflammation meds. I stopped and did the withdrawals for the oxy a month ago.

I have a great Pain Doctor who started by giving I junctions in my spinal area for my feet but after the first one they stopped working. Doctor recommended the scs unit and explained what it is used for. Tried the Temporary unit and got 100% relief of pain. then now after waiting 2 months had the permanent one placed. I am 90 to 100% pain free. The issue I am having is that my legs bother me from the constant vibration feeling so I turn the unit down for my legs but the my feet and ankles hurt. Does anyone reading this have problems with their legs aching feeling like jello and being weaker? thanks and by no means is my situation a horror story I am overall happy with my surgery but it's also only been a couple weeks. Yes I would and have recommended people to talk to their docs

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.