New job- very unhappy

Posted , 6 users are following.

I started a new job role in December, I thought it was something I wanted to do but since I have stated I have been so unhappy. The job isn't particularly stressful as such, but every day I dread going just to work and it's making my whole like unhappy. It is effecting family relationships and I am constantly down and moody and emotional. I want to leave but I know I can't be without another Job. Can I get signed of work for something like this? I don't want to live my life dreading going to work every single day and being constantly unhappy as it's having an impact on my whole life. It's all I think about and it's making me depression and I am constantly worried about it.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

KM

Welcome to the world where most of the population feel the same way as you have just explained

All I can suggest is you look for a new job where you would be happy.

When we retire life changes and we are able do things we want to do, Mind life still bowls out googlies and something always burst our bubble Lol

BOB

• Posted

Thank you for this month

I understand that 99% of people don't actually want to go to work who does?

But I don't think it's normal for me to feel the way I do and being depressed about going when it's literally all I think about and it's reduces me to tears. I don't feel that a Jon should have such a negative impact on my home life.

Is going to a doctor to talk about my mental state an beneficial idea?

• Posted

I do not know how old you are, I look at the Lottery every week and nothing seems to happen. I used to do Voluntary Work for a time when I was retired and the one good thing about that was  I enjoyed helping people.

BOB

• Posted

You need to see your GP , have a chat an tell the doctor everything , see what they can do to lift your mood - medication , etc ,being unhappy about your job , your heart is not into it will make an impact on your mental state , see what your doctor has to say , keep looking for a new job but try to keep at your present one for now .
  • Posted

I totally understand as I've been there. I wish I'd somehow managed to just keep going but if I struggled I always left before I'd found something else. I hope the job's a bit better today and that you can manage to look around for something else. If you can keep going and stick with it til then it's much more straightforward for you but see what doc says. Depression and anxiety are awful and being happy at work makes such a difference.

Wish you all the best and hoping you find a job you like very soon x

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I didn't even manage to go to work today, I was awake most of the night worrying snd thinking about it, and I broke down in tears this morning even thinking about gong n to work.

I'm unsure what steps I should take next.

• Posted

Hi KM I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a rotten time. Was work ok that you couldn't come in today? Maybe if you book doctor's appt and have a chat with him/her and take it a step at a time (I know that's what everyone says but it's definitely true)

Thinking of you and hope you feel a bit better as the day goes on x

• Posted

Work were ok but u did not tell them what was wrong I just said I was unwell.

Thank you for your kind words x

• Posted

Hi

I was in same boat as you. I hated my job and kept saying i dont want to go in today. I hated everything about my job. Anyway i stuck it out for two years. I now have chronic anxiety and very bad depression. I cant sleep have been on so many antideppredsants and pills. I lost my job 4weeks ago and have many other heslth issues because of my ex job. Go and see a doc and get signed off before you end up like me. A complete mess

• Posted

Somehow I stayed three and half years in my last job (I had left jobs before with anxiety and depression, horrible) but fell apart when I left & it's taking ages to pick up! It''s so difficult either way. I hope things pick up for you and that KM gets help and understanding from her doc. Good luck guys x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.