New right bundle branch block

Posted , 2 users are following.

Im a 40yo male.

Ive recently undertaken a pre op ecg and it resulted in the surgery being delayed due to a new right bundle branch block.

This the first ive heard of such a thing, and ive had a number of ecgs done about 6 months ago all of which returned a normal result.

ive since undertaken a stress test with a cardiologist who has advised that im very fit and my heart was in good shape.

my questions are:

1. what would cause a new RBBB ? is it likely i have had a heart attack or heart trauma?
  2. is RBBB subjective? ie. could it be one dr thinks that my levels are normal whilst others consider it a 'block'?
  3. is there an easy way to determine RBBB on the ecg? i have my original ecgs and my latest and would love to compare to see if it is just a drs interpretation?
  4. should i be worried? cardiologist said im fine and did not ask for any further follow up...but said if ive been found with RBBB it is likely ill have it for life now?

thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i was also recently diagnosed with RBBB but my cardiologist and cardiac surgeon (friend) said its nothing to worry about. Cardiologists will pick up on the ECG, RBBB but they wont even mention it to their patients unless they have a heart condition

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.