new symptoms of NEAD

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone its been a while since i last posted anything , but last night i had a seizure which didn't follow the usual pattern of symptoms . The seizure was violent with all limbs jerking uncontrollably , but instead of me being unconscious this time i was fully aware of what was happening , but i couldn't stop the seizure . This seemed to go on for about 6 minutes until finally the shaking stopped , i was incredibly tired but still had minor tremors in my legs . After a few minutes i took a Diazepam and finally all the tremors stopped .

Does anyone have these seizures where you are awake yet can't stop the shaking ?

Many thanks from Janet

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Dear Janet,

Yes being aware of these full body seizures do happen. You can't stop them. They run their course. I have had them. Distressing as they are you live. It is good that you have meds to sedate your neurons. Who can truly know the human brain except God Almighty. Be safe as much as possible. I have had seizures during my sleep without waking up. My daughter finds me like this. The best to you.

• Posted

Hi Mary , nice to hear from you again . Thank you for the advice . Looking back on that episode I was under a lot of stress and my general pain wasn't being controlled enough . Thankfully I now have stronger painkillers and my stress levels are under control .

I hope you have a lovely Christmas , all the very best wishes from Janet .

• Posted

Dear Janet,

Nice to hear from you. If I'm in terrible pain I am more likely to have a seizure. I had face planted on the sidewalk a week ago. In the hospital ER I had a sudden seizure due to the extreme pain etc...I was treated more quickly. My life is limited due to these seizures but I still have a life of getting out and about. I have had these "episodes" as some doctors have called them since the age of 60, five years. Hope the best for you too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.