New tablet

Posted , 3 users are following.

is anybody else on topiramate? currently taking 500mg acetazolamide and 50mg topiramate a day, has anyone else been on this before ? thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am currently only on Acetazolamide. I thought the two could not be taken together but that could be a misunderstanding on my end.

How have they been working for you?

• Posted

i just noticed this was posted two years ago so i am a bit late. I have been on 2000 mg of acetazolamide for several months. i was started at 1000 and stayed on that for several months before titrating to 2000.

i just saw a new neurologist this week and he starts IIH patients on topiramate because he thinks the efficacy is similar but with less side effects. So he lowered my acetazolamide back down to 1000 and started me on 25mg of topiramate to be titrated to 100mg in a month.

So far, I have struggled because of neither dose being at "full strength". i am giving it a good try in hopes the topiramate helps me lose weight.

if you happen to see this...How are you? how did the two therapies work in combination or alone for you? Very curious to see your response.

hope all is well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.