New to EBV

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi im trying to understand EBV and was hoping for advice, i was diagnosed via a blood test months ago and thought id be starting to get better by now, but its the opposite and now im scared ive CAEBV. the muscles in my arms and legs hurt more now than they did 7 weeks ago. i have to spend almost the whole day in bed i have night sweats, tinnitus and no appetite and ive notice slight twitching of muscles. is this normal for EBV?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Very normal. I experienced al of that, and worse.

• Posted

thank you, i started with glandular fever in February, started to feel better towards the end of April but now have a terrible cough and chest infection. ive been trying to find if anyone else has recovered for a month or so then been knocked by another infection. im older (late 40s) im worried theres another underlying problem or if anyone else has had a similar experience.

• Posted

I am 25, my weight has been fluctuating for almost a year, with other symptoms, trouble breathing, insomnia, indigestion, fatigue etc etc most negative symptoms have gone apart from these. Its my fault as i started drinking again a few months back. So stay away from alchohol. And all my tests are fine. Strange virus.

• Posted

I am there with you. I have never experienced anything like this before! I have aches and shooting pains in arms, legs, neck, stomach, ovaries. It has been insane. I have little petachiae rashes on my arms, trunk, and legs. This came after 4 weeks of being sick. i have birthed out babies natural and this had absolutely kicked my tail! i hope you get better!

• Posted

thank you for your replies, reading about everyones experiences has really helped it just seems to last for months and months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.