New to Pregabalin

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I've only been on this for about three or four days, but according to my doctor, my reaction to it seems to be VERY different than what is typical.

I went from taking Seroquel (tapering off) and then starting Pregabalin (75 mg). The first day after the first night I took it, it was what I have to imagine a mild mania is like. I was like a live wire all day. I got up at 8 am, went to bed at 4:30 am, and still woke up at 8 am. I've been having increased heart rate, headache, stomach ache (I think it's messing with my GERD), dizziness, it's not helping me sleep AT ALL after the first night. I made my doctor aware of the problems I was having, but she suggested that I keep going until I'd been on it for two weeks.

But, frankly, except for the first day, I've been utterly miserable with headaches, stomach aches, and just in general feeling like crap. I'm not able to sleep nearly at all. No matter what time I go to bed, I either fall straight asleep (less likely) and then wake up in the middle of the night OR I can't fall asleep to 3-4 am, then still wake up at the crack of dawn. Not even feeling sluggish or like a zombie. I AM clear-headed (which is a delightful change from the Seroquel), but honestly, not worth the side effects at this point.

Has anyone else had this experience with Lyrica? I have long covid, so fatigue is something I deal with all the time anyway, as is dizziness, and I feel like I really don't need to be taking something that increases the dizziness and has side effects of increased heart rate and possibility of edema.

Thoughts? And thank you.

~ Mary

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.