New to quetiapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I suffer with depression/anxiety. I was on amitripline for sleep but no longer works so been given 25mg quetiapine. Could any one give me some advice on this med

Thanks on advance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi julie1111,

I have been on Quetiapine for over 2 years now. It has saved my life. It helped me sleep and took away mi irritability. In the past 2 years, they have raised my MG a few times and I am now at 200mg. I now take it with an antidepressant and I'm happier than I've been in a very long time. I hope this helped.

• Posted

Thank you hun going to call gp today as he gave me a few to see how I went with it. They scared me to death when I read up on them and told the gp but tried them over the weekend and feel better xxx hope he says yes
  • Posted

Hi Julie  25 mg is the lowest dose which is good,as it will make you really tired quite quickly..it will take a bit of getting used to,it's a antipsychotic drug,when u take I it take it  do it when your ready to go to bed...as it's quite a strong affect when you first take it.goodluck.hope it goes well,u will get a good nights sleep.
    • Posted

Hi hun thank ypu for your reply I'm gonna call gp and tell him I tired them as he gave me 7 to try but wen I went home I read up on them scared me so told them what's this you've given me. But over weekend I've given them a go and feel calmer. Will I gain weight on them hun ? X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.