Newly diagnosed with crps

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had a crush injury 6 Months ago. this happened at work. right foot. been doing PT all this time that was classified as a contusion sprain from ER. nothing broken. i am a 55yr old female. after all tests and such finally was okayed to see pain management doc. He said I have crps. He put in to WC for allowances. anyway as I said been 6 Months. he also put me on gabapentin. starting 1per night. wanting me to increaste every three days. total will be three per night and two per day. I am at three. I am VERY dizzy. I am unable to take pain meds cause it also makes me dizzy. ..going forward with this should I continue this or cut back? have another question that I need help with. my pain has gone up my leg far as under knee. numbness has gone above knee. doc is aware of this. at night I feel some pins and needles on opposite foot. not all time but more than usual. now I am getting popping in my opposite foot like the one on the right. does this mean that this is spreading to other foot? I do not have any pain in this foot but notice slight swelling pockets .

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kim I am so sorry you are going through this. The best advice I can give you is to join the positive CRPS group on Facebook. The lady that is the head of the group has a ton of very valuable information and advice. She has helped so many people . And the people in the group are very kind and understand what your going through. I will be praying for you. I had CRPS for a year but I am healed and living a normal life now. Praise God! I am living proof that God answers prayers!

• Posted

thank you so much for advice and prayers. I know I will have a difficult road ahead of me. Glad you are doing well. TC.

Kim

• Posted

hello Debbie its me again. I have a few questions that you may be able to help me with. you mentioned a group on Facebook. I do have an active account. If I contact this group will all of my conversations and all involved show up on my page and such. even adds. I got hurt from someone else negligence at work place so I am dealing with WC and fighting with them on my new diagnosis. I don't want things out there that for some reason getting "turned around" I have trust issues where they are concerned. I do not want to be on social media. this is why I looked for a sight like this one. so what thoughts do you think? I am not in a good place right now. don't get me wrong. ..I'm ok..just lost. Meds are giving me problems so I am cutting back ect. tired of not being able to do. I am a doing person. I have always taken care of others. sorry for "venting" so much.

i am glad that you are doing so much better.

I don't want to be on meds the rest of my life. you have given me hope. Any advice you can give me is much appreciated.

thanks, Kim

• Posted

Hi Kim, The answers to any questions you have will show up on your email sight and the Facebook group you join. There are no adds st all. I understand your concern but I feel it would be extremely beneficial you to join this group. They are a wonderful group of people. Hope I habe helped you a little bit. Have a great day! I will continue to you

• Posted

Hi Kim , I just want to tell you that I was on 1200 mg. of Gabapentin for quite awhile. I went to see doctor Joshua Prager who specializes in treating patents with CRPS. He put me on 30 mg of Duloxetine the generic drug for Cymbalta , so I was on the Gabapentin and the Duloxetine for awhile. I started to feel better and began to cut back on the Gabapentin 300 mg at a time over a period of several months. After getting off the Gabapentin I wsnted to get off the Duloxetine as well. It was harder to get off of as I had withdrawal symptoms. I experienced nausea and vomiting. I gradually got myself off of it by taking it every other day and then every 3 days. It comes in capsule form so I couldn't cut it in half like a pill. I had alot of people praying for me and truly believe God healed me. I will continue to pray for you. Have y week!!

• Posted

thank you. I did join warriors on fb. I am off the nerve pills. waiting on okayed new meds from wc. I believe things are starting to spread. i see pain doc on the first of August.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.