Newly suffering from acute pancreatitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed on Sunday with acute pancreatitis & I have been in unbearable pain since. Can anyone offer any pain relief advice? My pain meds -dillaudid- only work for an hour or so....my diet consists of clear liquids per Dr and pain meds...I'm feeling very weak and exhausted and defeated! I had gastric sleeve surgery on 8/4 and am afraid that as a result of that surgery set myself up for this condition which from what I read can be life altering and possibly life threatening. I'm new to this and very scared...any advice would be awesome!!!

Thank you!!!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi sorry to hear of your condition   my husband had acute pancreatitis and he was a very strong, strapping fellow and he said the pain was unbelievable!  If you facebook you might want to join a group called Pancreatitis Pals...this group knows everything there is to know about this disease..its for ppl with pancreatitis and their family (me)..they can answer all your questions and more    good luck
  • Posted

Hi, are you still in the hospital or have you been released? I recently had the same thing and was in the hospital for 8 days. I had the med you are taking while in the hosital and they gave me Percocet when released. It is not as strong but lasts a lot longer. I've been out 2.5 weeks and still having lots of pain, and not sure when it will go away?   Docs have also been reluctnt to give me more meds. I guess they think I'm taking because I like them and don't really need them, but everytime I eat I have pain.   Sounds like you are watching what you eat and still on liquid diet so I would hope it begins to clear up and the pain should not be as bad soon.  Good luck to you, I certainly can understand how you feel and wish there was an easy answer.    
  • Posted

Hello,, i am so sorry for your situation.. you are in the phase of acute pancreatitis which can be stop to get convert in to chronc one... for this you to make sure that you develop strong plan for your diets.. set health as your top most priority in life for at least the time you get back to good immune.. have pineaple or sweet lime juice as your one frequent diet.. drink tons of water.. walk miles.. develop positive attitude and dont frustrate.. focus focus and focus on goals.. be ready to get well.. do not hesitate to ask for help to avoid physical work.. like shopping cooking etc.. take rests as much as you can.. have blueberries in your diet.. only skimmed milk.. fruits of quality..  tell your conscious mind that you will get cure for sure not immediately but definitely and continue doing the best of you to get it heal. eat non fat and again i would say walk and drink tons of water.. love to all ... stay blessed..wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.