Night sweat , tender lymph node in neck

Posted , 3 users are following.

my health anxiety is through the roof at the moment

Saturday night i went to bed with a sore throat, didnt think much of it , I didnt feel brilliant yesterday but yesterday evening I felt terrible, i was shivering, throat was on fire , then I was really hot (the heating had been on all day so my room was pretty hot) I eventually fell asleep with my sore throat and I woke up sweating , my sheets went wet , but my top was pretty damp.

my throat is still sore , I dont feel freak and I have a small tender swollen lymph node in my neck

all I find on Google about these night sweats is cancer

is it possible to have night sweats when run down??

completely freaking out 😦

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

you are really worrying too much here and thats coming from a worrier. night sweats during colds are pretty common. if you have a fever even a mild one and your body starts to recover during sleep it will sweat to get to the temperature it wants. Lymph nodes are usually swollen during a cold so thats common and not concerning. lymph nodes only raise an eyebrow if they get huge or stay swollen. if you read posts from me and others its not uncommon for people to have swollen nodes remain forever following a bad cold or infection. so yours may even stay forever.

• Posted

thank you for your reply, you have definitely made me feel much more at ease

• Posted

Night sweats are not always cancer, they can happen from sleeping habits, or from a bad dream, or from eating certain foods before bed. Always check with your doctor, because they will define the problem causing the night sweats.

• Posted

There you have it, It was a heated room. I certainly think its cancer. It seems you already know what the problem is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.