Nightly itching for years **graphic**

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I've been having this veryyy annoying anal itching for years, it all started with constipation that left some scarring. At that time it didn't really bother me that much, I was quite young and never got it checked out, but I'm at a point where I feel like if I don't do something about I'm gonna have to live with it for the rest of my life...

Quick daily description of how and when it strikes. I can go all day and almost feel nothing, no itching or pain. Even after bowel movements, I'm fine, no itching - unless I'm constipated, then often it'll be itchy. Also if I haven't cleaned my anus almost completely after a bowel movement it will itch (I use a bidet, and toilet paper and tap, for any feces that could still be there). But as it gets to night time around, 8pm and I'm sitting in my chair (I do that most of the day), I can slowly start to feel the itching, it's bearable, but I know as soon as I lay down to try and sleep, I have to scratch, I won't say it's impossible to avoid but if I don't scratch I'll have to lie awake for 3-4 hours in torture trying to resist. Then I eventually scratch, sometimes I have to scratch for a couple of minutes and then it almost cools off in some weird way, atleast the itching dissapears. Other times it will reoccur many times throughout the night. When it's the worst I scratch a lot in the night and then wake up at around 4-5pm and I have been scratching in my sleep and I'll sore.

I've tried most of the common advice, bidet, wet wipes, vinegar, ointment (calmoseptine), diet.

I'm very shy, hence why I haven't mentioned any doctors, because there simply hasn't been any doctor involved. This is my last shot before seeing one.

GRAPHIC IMAGE BELOW!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

John, firstly have you thought about threadworms? You can take an OTC medication and it wont do any harm even if you dont have them.

Secondly, it could be an internal haemorrhoid. You have mentioned constipation which may be a factor here. There are OTC treatments you could buy which may help, but often the best thing to do is see your doctor.

Thirdly, possibly fungal , especially if the itching spreads out from the anus into the skin folds.....you can buy an ointment containing Clotrimazole for that. 100% cotton pants as well.

Finally.... an irritation caused by a particular food.

I think the most likely cause in your case is a haemorrhoid. Dont worry about being shy, doctors know most people dont like being touched in that area so any examination will be very quick. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.