Nissen fundoplication

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi i am being reffered for two test later on this month Oesophageal manometry and pH/impedance i have been taken acid tablets since my early 20s now in my 50s they are not responding keeping my acid levels at bay, I have heartburn alot now this past six months and it could look like i would an operation called nissen fundoplication i have read about it what it involves and to be honest i am really worried and scared could anyone who reads my post who has had this op tell me more about it recovery time etc is it really painful i worry alot just scared i get operation done and regret it afterwards ..thanks..

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hard to tell without the results of your endoscopy. If its found you have a hiatal hernia, and given you have been dealing with this for 30 years, I am guessing you would be a candidate for Nissen. But only your doctor can tell. Keep us posted. Hope you have a good report.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.