No Appetite and scared.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am an older lady in her 70s and finding it hard to cope. I have messaged on here before but again i need reassurance. I lost my husband two years ago, very suddenly in his sleep. It was a complete shock as he had not been ill at all. In fact we had been out for a meal together that night. At the beginning of last last year, I lost my appetite I had various tests etc , which all came back clear the doctor put it down to grief and anxiety.Now over a year on and fur the past 3 months I have absolutely no appetite at all again. It has followed a similar pattern to last time but I am so worried that the doctors have missed something. I do suffer from health anxiety and it’s much worse since my husband died. The thought of food makes me feel nauseous and I cannot face a full meal. I’m eating little bits here and there but I’m so worried my health is going to suffer. I have been back to the doctor and have had blood tests but other than my thyroid tablet needing to go up a bit. Everything was clear. Please does anyone have any words of reassurance for me. I am so worried I have cancer.

The Dr seems to think it will come back but it hasnt and I just dont feel I can carry on like this.

Thankyou for reading this.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.