No discussions at all

Posted , 4 users are following.

After 7 years on this forum I am saddened to see no discussions at all. Used to get three to four discussions each week with many relevant replies. What happened? Are you all miraculously cured? Just . Regards Robin

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Hi Robin,

It would be a nice thing if nobody had a drink issue anymore, wouldn't it?

For me, I think it is because the site no longer looks trustworthy - too many click-bait adverts, etc.

If I was a newcomer to this site, I would look at it but then leave without posting because it just looks such an untrustworthy, unprofessional, and rubbish site now 😦

• Edited

Hello Robin,

Yes you are right about not many have been around here the last few years. I think it's been a couple of things, and one since the Sinclair Method eventually became the only solution and discussions became very limited. Many lost faith in the sinclair method for several reasons. other solutions were barely mentioned.

I have not experienced any click bait adds or have I lost confidence in this site.

The site has changed it's format and is secure. However a lot of issues have cropped up since the pandemic on many sites. Hospitals have been swamped from covid and many service treatment centers are closed. Research has shown alcohol use has risen during the pandemic and complications from alcohol has increased.

Hoping life will get back to normal ....whatever that is.

I don't think criticizing this site will help anyone. If someone thinks this site is so bad then why are they here. This is a health site important to stay positive and supportive.

• Edited

I tried to include pics of the ads I am seeing, but the posts have gone to moderation.

Do you not see any ads, Barbara?

• Edited

I see ads on top everywhere and to the right and also below. Rarely seen so many ads which is annoying and distracts you from reading and concentrating.

• Edited

Yes, it isn't just the amount of ads though - it is the horrendous quality of them that makes this site look unprofessional.

For example, I will probably get banned for saying this - and so be it if I do - but how is one supposed to feel it is a professional site if in a block of four ads, one is the type that says 'You'll never guess what so and so (insert famous person) looks like now' and the worst yet I've seen literally has a dog scooting and the wording 'Top North East Lincolnshire vet reveals the worst dog food...' (I like in North East Lincolnshire hence where it has picked that up from.

Honestly, how is anyone supposed to believe this remains a reliable place for information????

I only stay on this site in case - as occasionally happens - someone replies to a post I made some years ago.

• Edited

As I reply to you, an ad at the bottom say 'Who can get dental implants on the NHS? Check it out!'.

A quick google search on the NHS website says 'Implants are usually only available privately and are expensive. They're sometimes available on the NHS for patients who can't wear dentures or whose face and teeth have been damaged, such as people who have had mouth cancer or an accident that's knocked a tooth out.'

If I click the advert then it takes me to a load of clickbait searches....

A supposed medical information site and forum is allowing click bait adverts supposedly providing information on the NHS when it is clickbait only!!!

Not a good look, at all.

• Edited

Hi Robin... I use a add blocker and hide my location therefore not tracked anywhere and ....no cookies ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.