No Hunger nor Appetite for 3 Days

Posted , 2 users are following.

About 4 days ago, I got a 24 hour stomach bug that had been going around where I live. Obviously, I didn't eat a lot during. However, I've found it very challenging to eat ever since. I am a 6 foot, 190 pound teenager who has never had a problem with my appetite. Is this just an aftershock of the stomach bug?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I just had a stomach bug about 2 weeks ago. I'm guessing it was the very common norovirus going around. Before I got sick, I was 5,7 at 118 pounds. I felt better within 3 days, but I could not eat anything until day 7. By than, I weighed 111. I'm now trying to gain it back. I would say to give it another few days. But if it continues after that, than perhaps you should see a doctor. My friend just had a stomach bug too, only his lasted 3 weeks, so his doctor gave him an antibiotic, which made him fin ally feel better. It could be a pretty long lasting virus, depending on how strong your immune system is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.