No idea what’s going on with me

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've had worrisome bowel changes for five months. Stool is constantly different from floaty bile-ish looking stool to only mucous.

I had a CT scheduled but it was days after a vacation where I took anti diarrhea meds so naturally the results could have been skewed or maybe constipation for months is really the problem.. History includes gallbladder removal and a couple bouts of pancreatitis over the years. Fatty liver at one point years ago. Overweight middle aged female.

CT results

"There is no bowel obstruction or

inflammation. There is moderate retained colonic stool. There are prominent perirectal lymph nodes, nonspecific. The largest node measures approximately 8 mm in short

axis dimension."

Xray 10 days later still showed some stool so I cleaned it out with a bottle magnesium citrate.

CBC mostly normal

Albumin 3.4

fecal fat was normal

pancreatic elastase <10 but they want a retest

calprotectin 1010

Not losing weight

Take miralax daily and eat fiber gummies.

Waiting for a colonoscopy to see where the inflammation is coming from. My worry is that it will just be inflammation with no known cause.

Its all just frustrating and quite annoying interrupting my life as I have to plan around always being close to a bathroom.

imageimageimageimage

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.