No pain 4 days after shoulder labrum repair. Should I be concerned?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a female 20. On July 13th 2022 I had labrum repair surgery. The first day I felt nothing because of the nerve blocker. The 2nd day I was in a tremendous amount of pain. The 3rd day I was fine because I had gotten back onto a med schedule. On the 3rd day my arm fell out of the sling and there was a pop and pain followed. On the 4th day I no longer felt any pain. I stopped taking the narcotics and slowly stopped taking Ibuprofen. I am now a week post op. I have no pain coming from my shoulder or the 6 holes in my shoulder. Should I be concerned?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anna

glad to see you are out of pain. not had labrum repair. had capsule removed and tendon refixed. .

but what i can tell you being a shoulder operation gang . mine did not hurt either. clever isnt it.

i enquired why on me follow up. the surgeon complimented the anaesthetist on what he did. and also on your notes given to you did the pump about 80ml of steroid into the repair as well.

please be careful with the sling. it only takes one slip.like me i call it a black and white repair. either it will or wont work. be over cautious like i have been. i even purchased the ultra sling quadrant to be totally safe and locked in. night time is the worst trying to sleep.

and the port holes he worked through never hurt one bit. for me so clever.

stay safe and secure

colin

• Posted

and just one last note. just because it doesn't hurt. dont think its healed. you have a long way to go to be safe.

on my first shoulder operation on day 15 a wasp landed on my operated arm. instinct kicked in. i waved my un supported arm.

lucky i only !! had the capsule removed as that motion tore the scapula out of line. so easy so fragile.

note to one self. do as the surgeon says.

colin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.