No Period after the pill

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

Background

I came off the pill around 2 years ago after being on it quite a while. I did used to come off for a week every month and have periods like normal.

Since coming off I havnt had a period.

I have been through the NHS for various blood tests and an ultra sound and they could not find any obvious abnormalities. All they recommended was maybe a change in diet and possibly exercise less.

I feel I was fobbed off a little and would like to explore further. If it is a case of diet then perhaps a more detailed plan or maybe ideas of what to change.

I do exercise a lot but I find it hard to believe this can be the sole cause as many female full time athletes manage to conceive children.

We were married last year and are hoping to have children in the next few as we are conscious time in ticking with us both around the 30 mark.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and if so have any advice. We have been laid back about it and thought it will happen when it happens but starting to worry a little now.

Would be really grateful for any help.

thank you

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.