No will to live

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am an 18 year old female. I have had a great and happy life. I have never been abused or anything like that. There is no reason for me to feel this way but I honestly don't have a will to live. Depression runs in my family. Everyday is filled with anxiety and sadness and worry. I don't find pleasure in the things I used to. I'm not suicidal but I just don't really want to be alive. I'm ready for death and I don't want to feel this way.

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Luwest, my depression started when I was 19. Before you start to feel much worst, please go and see your Doctor. There doesn't need to be a reason for depression, sometimes it just happens. Try going out for walks even if you feel like locking yourself up. Talk to your family about how you're feeling. You're not alone and can get through this. God bless

• Posted

I'm sorry that you're feeling like this. There isn't always a trigger or a cause for depression, unfortuantely it can just happen.

I completley understand how you feel as I feel the exact same way, I often think there is no point to life & have even found myself disappointed when I wake up in the morning. 

You just hast to remember that your life has so much meaning already & so much potential. Anything can happen at any time, better days are ahead.

Definitely go see you doctor to prevent things getting worse.

Lots of support.

Keep us posted x

• Posted

I am a 68 year old female with no previous history of depression. It doesn't run.in.my family. I had one cousin who suffered from it and who was a big help to me when I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder with psychosis a year and a half ago. I wasn't suicidal, but I wasn't really living either. I didn't want to do anything or see anyone. I finally got on the right meds and now I'm happier than I've been in years. You have your whole life in front of you. Get professional help right away and start enjoying your life. You deserve to be happy. Please let me know how you are doing.

Good luck,

Phyllis

• Posted

phyllis, i am 60 this year. i have been on and off medication my entire life and feel i am losing my battle with depression. i actually feel like i have entered some sort of " breakdown" where i cannot move one way or the other. would you mind sharing what medication was helpful to you ? i am ready to almost give up....

• Posted

Have you seen a doctor?  You need to if you haven't! Therapist and medication can help you feel better! You are to young to be feeling so sad because you have your whole life ahead of you! Please find some help! 

• Posted

Hi Luwest - sorry to read of your dilemma. You state that depression runs in your family which means there can be a genetic base to your condition, which means you have a pre-disposition. You have a wealth of advise at your fingertips - talk to your family. Solving the problem may mean medications which will deal with the chemical imbalance in the brain, and in conjunction with meds you can talk to a therapist/psychologist who will help pinpoint any triggers for your condition and provide coping skills.

You are young with your whole exciting life ahead of you. It would be a damn shame to suffer in silence with this illness that one cannot point at and say "it hurts here," and where others have a tendancy to dismiss the sufferer with trite lines like "you'll get over it." See your doctor at your soonest convenience. Be open and honest with what you are suffering. You will feel empowered once you start taking action. Things will improve. Best of luck for your future.

• Posted

Hello Luwest, and thank you for sharing.

I'm sorry you are in pain.

Depression and anxiety creates a dark and lonely, thick black blanket which wraps around our mind and eyes, making the possibility of recovery and better days ahead, appear impossible. We need love and support during these dark times because the blanket disables us from being able to think and see rationally. It wears us right down until we cannot go on anymore. I am so glad you jumped on this site because we are one big loving family and together we help one another achieve our hearts desire.

You have been given some wonderful and practical advise. Having a good dr makes all the difference my love. The fact you are so young and so intelligent and aware of what you are dealing and feeling is really important and you're pretty much half way there! The hardest part is coming to terms with it and it looks like you are.

Remember that there is always help. It doesn't always have to come in the form of medicine. Sometimes you just need a caring ear or a warm hug. You won't always feel this way. One step at a day. Take it by the day. But don't give up.

Keep us posted xx

• Posted

great advice here from these guys. you must honor your feelings, even when people tell you to " snap out of it......"  which they will...   you need to take care of yourself right now so you can live the best life you can. i am so sorry you are feeling this way. whenever i read this, it just hurts so bad for the other person, because i know these feelings so well.  wishing you the strength to reach for help.

• Posted

How are you feeling today dear? Is today a little better or a little worse? These feelings will come and go at random intervals. Some days you will feel like you will never feel happy and inner peace again because of how horrible you feel. But the pain always gets better. There will be days where you will better cope.

I truly believe the magic lays behind growing up. I remember my teens, and they were absolute HELL!!! I really wanted to die. I was in so much pain. I felt like I was completely alone with it and no body else could ever understand. It was really hard that's why I completely sympathise with you.

Don't give up my friend. Things will change.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.