Noisy when sleeping on Quetiapine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I am the partner of someone who takes 200mg of Quetiapine before bed. The problem is that she makes constant grunting type noises when asleep. It's gotten to the stage where I can't sleep in the same room as her and due to her anxiety and depression it's making her think I don't want to be with her (It's not of course, it's because I'm completely exhausted!) Has anyone else experienced this with Quetiapine?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shunka, sorry to hear of your partner's symptoms to Quetiapine & your lack of sleep!

I take 200mg Quetiapine at night & have the same grunting thing happen, i don't have a partner though.

• Posted

Blimey! That sounds like a really difficult one. I live alone so I don't know if I grunt.

Actually, if we put our mind to it, we can in fact learn to sleep through anything. For example, I once lived in a flat next to a busy train line. First night after Imoved in I regretted taking the flat because every 20 minutes or so, a train would rumble past, making one hell of a noise, and 4am was the worst! But after 2 weeks of disturbed sleep. I got so exhausted I slept through in spite of the noise, and from then on, I never heard the trains again. A fiend of mine bought a house close Heathrow, and also had the same experience.

When I was 30, my husband began to snore, and within a few years he was snoring so loud the windows rattled. I had been quietly sneaking out of bed on nights that he snored and sleeping on the sofa, but when it got to be every night, and MUCH worse, I didn't want to always be on the sofa away from him, so I snuggled up to him and told myself to ignore the snore. Same thing happened. After a few weeks I got accustomed and from then on I never heard him snore again (unless I worked late into the night and he went to sleep before me, LOL). Still, I snuggled up and ignored the snoring and slept like a baby.

• Posted

It could possibly be sleep apnea. I have read that Seroquel is bad for causing sleep apnea. Best of luck!
  • Posted

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm trying out different ear plugs. I've found the silicon ones work best for me for anyone going through a similar problem! smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.