Non Allergic Rhinitis - Help needed

Posted , 2 users are following.

Wondered if anyone could relate or any advice?

OK so back in Dec 2021 I started with a runny nose, sneezing, blocked, and neuralgia - I thought I was getting a cold, so a few days passed and still all the same symptoms but I noticed my smell had started to go, which is strange because I've never really lost my smell, I thought its Covid - I did 3 test over a week period but all negative so I googled it and came up with Sinusitis.

After 4 weeks of trying to get in at my Dr's I eventually spoke to a Dr and he said it wasn't Sinusitis because of the lack of pain and dark green discharge, he referred me to ENT. It took 4 months to get an appointment and they prescribed me Betnesol Drops and Avaymst spray, the drops worked fine and took away all the symptoms but when I started with the spray, all of the symptoms came back.

I have had a CT Scan which showed some inflammation but all else looked OK, and allergy blood tests which all came back negative, I've had another appointment today but have been told that there is very little they can do for me, surgery is unlikely to solve this long term and they can only prescribe the medication for 6 weeks at a time, so I am pretty much screwed because I'm woke up at early every morning unable to breath because of congestion, neuralgia starts at night, persistent cough from all of the nasal drip and no smell and hardly any taste - I just dont know what to do, surely there must be more the Doctors can do, I cant live like this!!

Thanks,

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

May not be relevant to you but I had very similar symptoms and eventually turned out to be LPR

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.