Non Painful Sternum Spasms

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi all,not sure if i have costochondritis but i'm very tender when i apply pressure on lower sternum an some of my inner ribs on both sides and has been for many years,I don't have the pain with movement ect. Recently i have developed very sharp chest pain just centre left inbeween breasts an a sharp burning feeling wich goes all the way through my left breast,air hunger and a feeling of pressure at the bottom of sternum with a pressure feeling when exhaling and non painful spasming/contraction feelings at the bottom of sternum just to the left,it feels like a constant muscle contraction but its not painfull when its contracting.Loys of palpitations also.Waiting for an echocardiogram an a 24h holter monitor at the moment.So not sure if costochondritis is giving me these feelings,if thats even what i have or if it's a full on heart problem.My anxiety is doing over time 😞 Any ideas

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.