Not feeling exactly depressed but not myself /:

Posted , 4 users are following.

So starting in June right after my Junior year of high school got out I started feeling very odd. I was sad and couldn't feel ANY emotions. I was so scared and nervous and wasn't living the same life I was a few months prior. I stayed like this for a couple months until in August it got worse so I started going to therapy which i guess sort of helped. I am a athlete, I have a great boyfriend, an amazing family, I maintain God grades and have great friends so what's the problem? I'm not so sure. Now I do not feel like myself AT ALL. I only feel emotions rarely and mildly not like I usually did earlier this year. I feel so detached and this isn't my usual self. I'm so lost and hopeless I'm not sure what to do. I'm convinced there's nothing really wrong with me only that I have convinced myself and my brain something is wrong but in reality I am normal. I can't seem to get out of my head and my mind starts to swim and think about this horrible feeling. I have break downs where I start to reflect on my life and think will this last forever? I feel like I'm going insane with this question and I need answers. Will this pass? Or am I stuck with this cold hearted no emotion blank feeling for the rest of my life? I have an amazing life so blessed with no issue at all. I rarely get excited over things anymore like genuinely excited. Usually I would be so excited and feel so much excitement and happiness when I get to leave school early but now I'm kind of just like "ok that's cool whatever". someone please help I want my life back. I want to be the happy bubbly girl I was 5 months ago. Sometimes I do feel happy but only in some senses, in others I just feel like I have no opinion on things and no purpose. it's such a horrible feeling to have in ur brain I can barely describe it. if anyone has experienced this and has recovered or knows what I need to do please tell me, I'm ready to live my life again. thank you xoxox

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hayley,

Well there sounds like there are some things going on there which could be as simple as over stress believe it or not or it could be something else the first point of call is to go see your doctor and they can ask questions and make a professional diagnosis, I dont want to get you worried saying its orange when its actually red if you know what I mean. If you find its something like depression or ? most tings can be managed and you will return to a normal life where you do care about things and live happier! Important not to freak out if you are diagnosed with something its very common (more than you know) and quite normal HOWEVER lets not jump the gun go see your doc and get checked my friend! take care and keep us posted on how things are going.  

• Posted

I am going through exactly the same thing you explained right now! Was anything able to help you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.