Not fuzzy, not blurred, but "out of focus"

Posted , 2 users are following.

On the morning of May 15, I all of a sudden was hit with this vision problem that I thought was a medical issue but thankfully nothing: my vision became out of focus, which is the best way to describe it; over time, the only other way to describe it is like I've had too much to drink and seeing the world that way. It's not blurry, not fuzzy, not double, no problem seeing things close or far away, but out of focus and to the point where I can't drive. I've been to the optometrist, ophthalmologist, and neuro-ophthalmologist had several MRIs for eyes, brain, and back and everything is pretty much fine. The vision issue persists and I haven't a clue what it could be. Anyone experience the same kind of thing (and any thoughts of what it might be)? Thanks!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Out of focus might not be the best way to describe your problem as it usually means blurry. Can you read a number plate or a street sign? Can you read text on a phone or a book? Is it that you have problems accommodating (focusing quickly from an object near by to an object far away)?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.