Not losing weight. Why? Dehydration?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello,

No matter what I do I do not seem to lose any weight. I tend to start losing a few pounds but a few days later re-gain it.

Example of my regular diet:

Morning: 2 boiled eggs

Lunch: Chicken + Greek Yoghurt + Broccoli or bulgur and salmon

Snack: Apple or Frozen berries

Dinner: Pieces of Cold salmon + green salad or a can of red beans

Evening snack: Apple or Greek Yoghurt

I exercise for 1 hour every other day.

Now to my question, I drink 8 cups of tea per day and I do not drink much water. I suspect my body might be dehydrated and I need to cut the tea and drink more water to not gain weight? I drink around 3 glasses of water per day.

Any connection with dehydration and weight gain?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

maybe you need to rethink you diet overall. after all 80% of success is based on nutrition.

what type of tea are you drinking? does it have sugar or sweetner?

good tea should have water, herbs and a bit of honey, nothing more.

anything with water is hydrating (soup, tea) it does not have to be plain water

• Posted

Tea is as good as water, but better in some ways and worse in others, drinking tea causes to body to beg for foods. Drinking tea cleans out the system, and its good for stress, some would say.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.