Not sure how it will end

Posted , 6 users are following.

My wife struggles to hear me tell her how I feel when she cannot do anything about it.

I explain that I don't expect her to do anything and that I just want her to know what I'm feeling rather than bottle it up

You see since January this year I've been diagnosed with coeliac, nutritional defitiancy, advanced osteoporosis and recovering from a spinal compression fracture which has put my mobility at near 35% of what it used to be, I get around 2-3 hours sleep max as I'm awake all night with shooting pains up & down arms and legs, I have left nerve damage in the jaw from wisdom teeth removal last month.

I feel broken, I'm usually upbeat, positive and optimistic but I just don't know how much more I can take, I'm on sertraline for the anxiety and depression diagnosises a couple of months ago, linked to all of this as I've never been this low before

I wake up everyday in pain and I'm not sure how to keep upbeat, I feel defeated

Any advice it's destroying me

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I know you probably know this but don't try and figure this out on your own. Get whatever help you need. Get the pain medicine you need for your physical issues and let doctors tell you about any other issues you have. I know about pain, I had 8 vertebrae fused together and slept on a lazyboy chair for a year until I could sleep on my side. I have all sorts of nerve damage and pain but I get whatever help I need. Good luck, Paul529

• Posted

my dad fell off his ladder 15 years ago and damaged his spine,hes now not very mobile and is in pain with his back all the time,sleeps no more than 3 hours aday and is very depressed,he has a wife whos not to great either but you have to carry on,day by day week by week,never give up,be strong and fight every bit of it you can do it,think you need to speak to som1 about it all and get some better pain relife
  • Posted

Call us women are compassionate fixers she loves you so she just wants to help and I understand your frustration maybe just tell her listen to me for 10 minutes without trying to fix it and then get me a cup of tea and then I'll make it all better and it'll make her feel better and you at least get the chance to get things off your chest

• Posted

It's not surprising that you feel like this Paul, and so hard to explain to your better half! You know that at the end of the day you're a fighter, and take the help available to you without feeling guilt of any sort. Morphine, anti-depressants are there for a reason. There's only so brave we can be! 

And you know the simple beauty of a cup of tea is always there.

Much love and best wishes, Kate 

• Posted

Hi Paul - so sorry to read of yopur situation. It makes my run-of-the-mill depression seem so miniscule. Just wanted to show msupport for you and say that perhaps your wife is just feeling helpless and hopeless, unable to take away the pain or change the circumstance you find yourself in. Katehippy is on the money - use whatever therapy/drugs it takes to try and alleviate the hell you are surviving. Best of liuck for your future.
  • Posted

Jerry Lewis ,the comedian, suffered from pain and when he found a nerve block which relieved his pain he went on TV praising it. It reduced his pain to a tingle . if you google jerry lewis nerve block you can read about jt

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.