Not sure if herpes sores or not?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey,

So I've got a couple of 'sores' down there and I'm not sure if they're herpes or if I've just nicked myself shaving. They're not as sore as my previous flare up ones have been yet they're a bit too sore to be from shaving rash. Yet I have scratched them in my sleep. I can't go on looks because when I've had sores before I haven't really looked at them. Are herpes ones always very sore to touch?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunately with STI's you can't guess - you will have to go to your GP and get them tested. Will my outbreaks mine were always sore, sometimes itchy. Get tested ASAP. 

Previous flare up? If you are getting flare ups it sounds like it is a virus, maybe not herpes but you need to see a doctor. That way you can firstly put your mind to rest but secondly get medicated for whatever it is.

Remember if it is herpes it's not the end of the world, you learn to live with it - I've been in denial about it for about a year and a half and am just coming to terms with it as have to tell my boyfriend in two days. Let me know what the results are but if they aren't what you were hoping for it will all be ok

• Posted

I've been tested and know I have herpes. When I say flare up I mean outbreak. I'm just wondering if the sores are always sore to touch or if they sometimes aren't.
    • Posted

Oh sorry I misunderstood!

With the sores they should get less and less painful as your body fights the virus therefore if you aren't find them sore I think they could still be sores from the virus

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.