Not sure if I have IIP?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

So I have some symptoms that could unfortunately point towards IIP, but since the symptoms are common for other diagnosis, I figured I'd get some advice.

I'm 21 and a female weighing 160 pounds and I'm 5'3 (about 20-30 pounds overweight). I have been experiencing head pressure on one side of my head for about 8 months. This is my main symptom. The pressure is on the right side of my head, probably about 3 inches or so from the forehead, and on the side of the head, not necessarily the top of my head or the back. The pressure doesn't cause pain, just discomfort and anxiety. It seems like if I put pressure on it, I don't notice it as much. Even just leaning it against a pillow can help. The pressure varies throughout the day. It seems like when I'm around people I don't notice it as much. I can go hours without feeling it/noticing it. But then sometimes I just randomly feel it. I have a history of stroke in the family (aunt) and heart problems on both sides of the family.

The pressure has caused anxiety and almost made me a hypochondriac. I got a CT on my head and they saw some fluid around my ear. I haven't been able to make it back to the doctor. I do have bad sinus issues and a deviated septum so my mom said the fluid and pressure is probably caused from sinuses, but I'm not so convinced.

Some other frequent symptoms that happen occasionally are: tiredness, numbness in two of my toes on my right foot (weird I know), and there is also pressure sometimes behind my right eye.

Another way to explain this is when I move my eyes to the right as far as I can, I can feel the pressure, almost like there is something there. And when I move my eyes all the way to the left I do not feel the pressure.

Also, I have very bad hearing in my right ear, but I have not had good hearing in my right ear for about 5 years which I think may be due to loud music constantly growing up.

So all of my symptoms seem to be on the right side: pressure, numbness occasionally in the toes on the right side, and hearing loss.

I haven't noticed any loss of vision.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you gone to a neurologist?  You may want to do that, if not. 
    • Posted

No I have not, I was thinking of going to the ear doctor and the eye doctor first to take care of my sinus issues/eyesight issues and seeing if that helps. I will have the eye doctor check my optic nerve to see if it is swollen, if it is swollen I will immediately see a neurologist. I know that pressure in the head can be caused by many things (migraines,stress,etc) so I'm trying not to freak out too much. I didn't feel any pressure today, so part of me is hopeful thinking maybe it's a minor issue and not anything serious, but when I googled "head pressure", IIP was something that came up and I was curious to see if this sounds like a similar problem other people have. I was thinking of requesting an MRI because I know CT scans sometimes miss things. I'm also curious about the "fluid" they saw on the CT around my ear. If the ear doctor cannot explain that I will quickly see a neurologist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.