Not sure if I may have Lymphoma?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I am a 21 year old male, a few months ago I noticed what I thought was an enlarged lymph node on the left side of my neck right under my jaw, it is painless and doesn't move much. When I brought this up to my nurse practitioners attention she checked to see if there were any other swollen lymph nodes that could be felt or seen but it was just the one so she requested I go and get a cbc and ultrasound done. The blood tests came back normal and when it was time for my ultrasound appointment I did notice another swollen node in the same area but on the right side of my neck but nowhere near as big as the left so the technician recorded both sides, after looking at the ultra sound it was determined I had a swollen submandibular gland and I was told I shouldn't worry about it and the swelling should go down. The swelling hasn't gone down though and I'm worried it could be something serious like lymphoma. The only symptoms I have had are occasional body aches and slight fatigue that I had brought up to my nurse practitioner originally but she said it was probably a cold since I never got a fever, and just recently I've had some itching so I am not sure what could be causing these symptoms as they seem to come and go. Could this be something serious and should I talk to my doctor about this or am I just thinking about this too much? Sorry for the long post but some advice or feedback would be appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i have same problem i am 17years old and suddenly i felt something under jaw. when i read symptoms one of them was asymmetrical face (i have kinda asymmetrical face) so its just a shot term thing or serious thing?

• Edited

hi Duncan, hope you're well, did the swelling in your gland shrink? any updates?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.