Numb big toe for 2 weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there I have had a numb (do have some sensation) big toe and to lesser extent some of my other toes on my left foot This sensation coincided with a problem with my lower back. Though in pain with that at the time that area is much better (not completely though). However, I still have this strange sensation in my toes. I can move ok and the sensation lessens when I’m up and moving and worse when I get up in the morning. Could this be related to a back problem or something else? The pain in my back is the lower right side but toes problem on the left foot . I do have toes that slope in and a bunion so wondered if that was the problem and not my back but my toes have been sloping like that for as long as I remember.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Sally,

So sorry to hear you're having these problems with your toe and lower back. I empathise as have been having lower back issues the last 15 months or so, I've been lucky still to be able to be mobile and do things but it's still got me so down at times and had to be off work and things. I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you and hoping that things get better soon, praying for God's help and healing for toe and back. 

A couple of things that have helped me that definitely worth considering - a natural therapy called Bowen Therapy, it's very safe and non-evasive but has helped me with various pains and ailments over the years, for sciatica especially it was like a miracle cure when I'd tried all other things like physio, chiropracter, etc. Maybe worth looking into seeing if there is anyone practising Bowen Therapy in your area, can do no harm at the very least. The other is a book I was recommended by my ostepath, it's called 'Back Pain Decoded' by Robert Shanks. I haven't read most of it yet but it looks good from what I've seen so far, you can pick up a black and white version for £20 on Ebay or Amazon I think, a colour version seems to be more expensive.

Thinking about you Sally and hoping this pain eases and believing that God is going to bring you through this and will heal you.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.