Numb genitals

Posted , 2 users are following.

27F. Fractured my sacrum 2.5 years ago falling backwards on a bus when it stopped suddenly. Apparently a very rare non-displaced stable transverse fracture between the 2nd and 3rd sacral holes (not sure the correct terminology for this).

At the time immediately I had numbness in the genitals and buttocks. No motor issues. I had an MRI and CT scan several weeks apart that showed apparently no nerve issues that they could see (I was worried about cauda equina and they ruled it out). Doctors said probably oedema and bruising caused the numbness. Over time it got better and I got back to almost completely normal. Then suddenly now after having COVID the sensation is back to when I first got injured. I have been quarantined for 10 days hardly walking around. Could the lack of mobility cause this? The virus itself? I can’t think of any reason for the lack of sensation to return seeing as I haven’t re injured myself. I’m back to worrying a lot like when I first got injured.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

very sorry to hear about the bus accident. omgoodness the things that happen to us.

once you healed from the bus fall you had covid and 10 days of immobility could have had an impact on your back injury , correct? it could be the case.. just walking daily for a few weeks may help you recover, if the any swelling occurred and is the cause. its hard to make any decision at this point. give it time so you can exercise gently to see if immobility was the cause.

if after some time it is not improving then it would be prudent to call your doctor. i doubt very much covid caused this to escalate.. of course i am not a doctor. even if immobility was the cause it would be alarming either way. i am not a doctor just trying to help out.

sending healing blessings your way...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.