Numbness and tingling in fingers

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, iv been suffering from sciatica its a on going complaint, yesterday I had a MRI scan so waiting for the results, this morning iv woke up and experiencing numbness and tingling to some of my fingers on my right hand, iv been previously been laid up with sciatica but never experienced this. Is this something that can happen to the fingers and if so should I be doing something about it such as contacting myou doctor.

I would really appreciate advice about this if anyone has any or experiencing the same thing, I'm just so worried and I don't know what to do

Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes. Our body is wired with nerves.

The arms are innervated from the cervical vertebrae C5-6-7-8 and yes, all the way to your fingers.

It is possible that you slept funny.

So, be vigilant, perhaps keep a diary. But don't push the panic button just yet.

kind regards

• Posted

Hi Angela.diamonds

How long did the tingling last?....you may have been lying on your hand or arm and caused pins and needles...or it could be neurological...if the tingling continues you may have a B12 deficiency which causes tingling.......do you have any other symptoms such as extreme fatique, low energy, brain fog, bad memory?.....

• Posted

Hi Angela.diamonds, It could be carpal tunnel. Do you experience pain at all? Thats what I experienced and I had the same symptoms. Of course Im not a doctor. You will get more responses Im sure and someone may have another suggestion. I hope you get relief soon. God bless you

kristyk

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.