ofd Vicodin for 14 days now back on help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi! I posted a few weeks ago about withdrawaling from Vicodin . I did so good I made it 14 days ! I felt good too , not 100% but proud of myself! So I started taking my prescription again, I'm so angry at myself ! So my question is I have been taking about 20 mg a day for about 7 days , if I would stop now would my withdrawals start all over? I am thinking about doing a really slow taper would that help ease withdrawal?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, that's gotta hurt after managing 14 days, I've always found withdrawal takes about 3 weeks to finish entirely. I suspect your withdrawals will cut in again, but maybe not quite as acute though. A slow taper is a good plan if you can get the right dose of tablets, not a good plan to go breaking them down into bits as it changes the speed which the drugs gets into your system. Hope you manage to get back on track soon, It's always tough after a slip up.
    • Posted

Hi! Yes it's mentally hard on me I kick myself everyday after the hell it was the first week I can't even believe I went there again! I have a lot of pain but it's something I need to learn to tolerate. I am starting a taper I'm going down one pill a week and spacing my doses out to 6 hours in between each pill. Hopefully I can get down to the smallest dose and jump ship!
    • Posted

Just remember that full withdrawal takes about 3 days to kick in. This makes tapering tricky as you need to reduce and wait to see how bad it's gonna feel i.e. don't push yourself too hard (whatever the hell that means).

The pain bit is hard to deal with, but not as bad as withdrawal! I've been clear of pain killers for a year now - when I first quit I didn't really notice the pain had gone up as I was so elated at having got off the nasty drugs and being out of withdrawal. Over the first 6 months pain levels were high but have gradually calmed down over time. Once I was off them the pain didn't prompt me to go back, I'd rather be sober and in pain than the mess I was in with Opiates, they suck, I hate them - whose stupid idea were they anyway?

• Posted

Couldn't agree more ! It took about 7 days for the physical withdrawals to stop with me the insomnia probably the worst ! I can not believe I put myself back in the position to go through it all again . But I'm here now and have to fix the problem . I scare myself and harp on how I'm feeling I believe it is more mental then anything . I'm on a rather small amount I think so anyway , but one is too many ! I am starting my taper today !
    • Posted

Valerian tea really helps with sleep and isn't addictive - available in most health shops :-) ... And it's good for anxiety
  • Posted

Ye we all f--k up now an again just got keep itself busy an stay away from people that can influence you or situations that make it easy to re-lapse like me,mine is when I have a drink 😒
  • Posted

I live on my own so boredom gets me I'm the same I have to take meds for spinal injury an had 3 op's I can walk but pain pain pain , I need a woman lol cos at the minute I got my mother healin me out but she's nearly 70 bless her,I don't ask her she just cleans etc but I still feel bad but what can I do ?? 😟

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.