Ofloxacin insomnia and anxiety??!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone. I'm really suffering big time with insomnia after being prescribed ofloxacin for a suspected uti and now i cant sleep and am really anxious. I feel like im the only one suffering but reading the medication effects of ofloxacin, i see that insomnia is listed as a possible reaction. i have total insomnia and cant sleep at all. has anyone else had this? ive only taken three days worth of tablets when i stopped it. my dose was 400mg twoce daily. The doctor is aware that i am having problems and is still telling me to finish the course. i have also had blood in my stool and bad stomach cramps.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

I am not sure if this is the same, I was on Ciprofloxin for 2 weeks in April 2022 and yes I had wretched insomnia, I stopped after 2 weeks, as I felt so rough, tho the insomnia went on for months, it got to the point where I couldn't just operate anymore, I went onto Sertraline (anti depressant) to try and counter act this, fortunately after 4 months it eased and I got better.

Though, I had major anxiety, but this was mainly bought on as I was so unwell, but with these drugs, they can bring on a host of side effects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.