Olanzapine

Posted , 7 users are following.

Please can anybody advise me the best way to taper off olanzapine. I am currently tapering and have terrible anxiety and insomnia, and sui dal thoughts daily. I need help to,get off this and am desperate to find more information on this awful drug and how i can be rid of it.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

it will take time. i took it it for 3 months. i stopped suddenly as the dr said i could. 7 weeks later i was still in agony. i was taking the smallest amount possible.

it will eventually be ok good luck

• Edited

Hello

These Doctors have no idea the repercussions of being on/going off this ghastly drug! It makes me so angry!

I stopped this drug suddenly because my Doctor wasn't listening to my views how I thought it was affecting me.

The most noticeable affect within 48hrs was I could think clearly but I soon started experiencing the worst nausea insomnia body temp fluctuations lightheadness heart problems which lead me into hospital several times. It was very scarey and I decided to ride it out rather than go bk on it and taper off which took many months to come completely right. I just concentrated on taking life gently going to the gym and walking daily and also eating super healthy and taking some really high quality supplements.

Wish u lots of luck getting free of this drug

• Posted

thank,you for,your reply. i am currently tapering but it is such a slow, process. Would you recommend tapering or going CT. Are you completely healed .

• Posted

Hello

Honestly as I said I only went cold turkey because my psychiatrist wasn't listening to me telling her how disfunctional I felt on it.

It was an extremely rough ride doing it that way causing so much havoc to my mental and physical wellbeing but I refused to go bk on it so I cld taper off.

It took about 5-6 months to fully be free of the withdrawal affects but everyone responds differently. This is a few years ago now but I still feel angry when I think about it as it was no joke and totally disrupted my life.

Whatever you decide I wish you all the best

• Posted

Hello

These Doctors have no idea the repercussions of being on/going off this ghastly drug! It makes me so angry!

I stopped this drug suddenly because my Doctor wasn't listening to my views how I thought it was affecting me.

The most noticeable affect within 48hrs was I could think clearly but I soon started experiencing the worst nausea insomnia body temp fluctuations lightheadness heart problems which lead me into hospital several times. It was very scarey and I decided to ride it out rather than go bk on it and taper off which took many months to come completely right. I just concentrated on taking life gently going to the gym and walking daily and also eating super healthy and taking some really high quality supplements.

Wish u lots of luck getting free of this drug

• Edited

How bad was your insomnia?

I've been off it for 2 weeks and within the two weeks I've got less than 10 hours light sleep in TOTAL.

I cant take it anymore, i have no other symptoms other than insomnia and headaches caused by lack of sleep.

• Edited

Olanzapine doesnt cure suicidal thoughts, but perhaps you could try cutting the tablet in half, and taking your time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.