Olanzapine Zyprexa withdrawal

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone! At the moment I am almost 5 weeks off this poison. I have developed chronic diarrhea, dizziness ,specially after sleeping and a lot of muscular or body pain that comes and goes.

Can anyone co relate to these symptoms?

Hope to hear from you guys soon since NO shrink gives me a explanation nor advice. I tapered very slowly thru years and quit at 1.25 mg.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

After a tough period in my life i experienced phycosis after 2 weeks of no

sleep attributed to

work stress stress and more

stress. My sister, bro in law,

and mother drove me to a hospital whereupon i thought i was being filmed on live TV to

explain the bad things/criminal offences i beleived id committed. Anyway, crazy stuff. I

was subsequently sent to a phyciatric ward and after a couple of failed attempts to end it all in the hospital i was swiftly placed on 2 x 10mg Olanzapine daily. if it wasnt for the loraz id have been so much worse as that particular benzo was a total life saver!! Fast forward a couple of years of gradually reducing dosage to 2.5mg finally to 0mg It occurred to me that apathy, indifference, and the emotionless state id been in and which id suddenly waved "ta dah" to was down to the medication. 2 weeks off the drug (even though I'm now actually feeling worried, slightly afraid and nervous - not a bad thing right now!) and I finally feel like my normal self (short tempered, silly, nervous, funny) and not an emotionless robot. I almost feel as though i want to cry to feel those wonderful human emotions once again. Olanzapine probably saved my life and Im hoping the next few weeks will prove not to be too unsettling. hang in there people.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.