Oldest rhesus on the block?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I think I must be the oldest survivor of rhesus haemolytic disease and I didn't have a blood transfusion as they had not started. I was born in 1943. Two brothers, one born before me and one after, both died. So many questions left unanswered and it seems no hope of ever getting answers. I would like to know if any of you know of a study telling us more about this.

My two sons, although born late, were born with jaundice although I am positive blood group and so are they. Did this have anything to do with my severe jaundice as a child? The doctor would look at me as if I was quite mad if I tried to get some answers now at my time of life.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.