OLP - Hard time accepting this disease and feeling alone.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

This is my first post here. I have been diagnosed with Oral Lichen Planar 5 few months ago. It is not getting better and, in fact it is getting worse. My tongue is white and inflamed, my cheeks are sore and feel bumpy. My entire mouth is sore and I have to be extremely careful what I eat. The worse, though, are my lips. I have open sores, they are extremely sensitive and feel dry, rough and sandy. It is terrible because everyone sees my lips. But really, my entire mouth feels horrible.

I have been studying this disease. I learned that I should remove my metal filling in my mouth, avoid spicy, crispy, salty, hot, cold foods. I have to use children toothpaste. Lower stress.

At this point the only thing that gives me a mild relieve is coconut oil pulling and antihistamines. I am planning to start taking tumeric and cucumerin. In the mean time, I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and she will look at my blood test. I have been rather healthy most of my life and the fact that there is no cure is very difficult for me to accept. I feel so alone and hopeless. If any of you, who suffer like me, know of some sort of support group, I would love to join. It is very difficult to deal with all by myself. Thank you.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.