OLP-No more blisters, no more pain, finally!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have ulcerative oral lichen planus. I've tried removing all of my old metal crowns to try to help resolve it, because I was desperate. Also I've tried topicals, rinses , prescribed pain relief, and toothpastes. Although I do believe this helped some, I still had blisters and pain. I had been taking Tumeric with cucumerin 500 mg x 2 times a day, which took about 10 days to 2 weeks before i saw results and it was big a help for a year, but I still had flare ups and was still had to worry about what I ate etc. BUT I found that if I took 1000 mg in the morning it was almost gone and I don't have to think about it anymore! It took maybe a week to notice this. I hope this helps you also!

Some other things that I used that helped- children's toothpastes like Gumball flavor because of less mint, Biotin mouth rinse for dry mouth in Gentle Mint which is a little harder to find than the fresh mint version but worth it if you are sensitive, and All day dry mouth spray that my dentist gave me a sample of and I believe it's OTC.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.