OMG Finally, a cure for constipation, ibs-C

Posted , 12 users are following.

I have tried everything under the sun for my constipation IBS-C EVERYTHING! Nothing worked. Let me explain my struggle at first, then I’ll tell you how I fell upon something that really worked. My IBS goes from diarrhea to constipation. I used baking soda for a long time, it’s great for constipation (use a teaspoon of baking soda diluted in warm water in the mornings on an empty stomach. Wait 30 before eating or the baking soda will bubble up in your stomach from the food acids, causing bad and sometime soon painful gas. Drinking coffee or tea after 30 minutes will greatly improve the baking sodas laxative effects. Coffee is best as it is a gentle laxative itself and works with the baking soda), anyways as soon as my ibs would turn to diarrhea, the baking soda was nightmare. It’s not like I knew when the constipation would stop and diarrhea would start,  I was still very loyal to the baking soda every day, it was better than being constipated and I preferred the diarrhea over constipation. SO while I had constipation I was OK but when it went to diarrhea the baking soda would make it 10 times worse! This was difficult, I was always trying to figure out i was constipated that day or not, was impossible to know. I kept searching something that wouldn’t hurt when I had diarrhea but would stop the constipation. I searched and searched, tried Apple coda recently vintages, high fiber diets, no meat and vegan diets, tried gluten free, fresh green and fruit juice diets, green smoothies, I even went on a diet we’re everything I ate had to consist of 90% veggies, everything I tried didn’t help at all. I really had given up, accepting this life is what I will have to live with forever. Always stressed when I don’t go to the toilette, stressed when I was bloated and felt I needed to go but couldn’t, you know what I mean! When your so bloated you look pregnant all the time! Worst part is, when your body decides to work, it can cause painful cramps. Ok,you want to hear the cure right? Haha sorry for making you wait. Well, about a month or so ago I Haden horrible horrible reflux. The meds the doc gave me did not work at all. Me, being who I am lol revenged the Internet for a natural solution. I found quite a few things for acid reflux, to treat it naturally. One of those things I found was Slippery Elm. I read it protects the stomach and intestines from the acid reflux. I was worried about the damage that may be caused from the acid so I decided to order Slippery Elm and try it (after reading a ton of info on it first, which you should do too I found you choose to try it) always verify for yourself before tryin go anything natural. Funny enough, the slippery elm did not help my acid reflux AT ALL! The thing that did heal my acid reflux was fresh cabbage juice (yes, yuck! But tolerable if you ad a few oranges to the juice and a lemon. If it’s still too hard to drink, add a small spoon of honey) FYI;only the juice worked,  tried the soup with cabbage, it didn’t help. Ok so I was taking Slippery Elm which didn’t help at all for my acid reflux but do you know, by my surprise, what it did help? Omg yes, it was giving me the best bowel movements ever!  I couldn’t believe it, no more straining, the bm slipped out as if it was coated in slime (yes, I know, gross but for someone who has been constipated for years, it makes you want to get up and dance! Celebrate!!!) The science behind it is simple, Slippery Elm when wet turns into a very sticky, slimy, slippery dough like substance (if you eat a spoon of the powder, you will notice your mouth in some places is completely coated in it and I think feels so very slippery to your tongue but sticks like glue almost! You have to use something to scrape it off the sides of your teeth lol) it must do the same in your bowels, once mixed in your food, and stuck to the sides of your bowels, it creates a slip n slide for your BM! Your BM basically slips right out! It works, isn’t too expensive, can be found online and probably at any herb store, and is super easy to take! I take it with every meal. You could try at your own pace, take a half teaspoon before breakfast, and beforehand dinner. I read you can take up to 2 teaspoons safely and can imagine you could take more, it’s harmless from what I read. Research it, google “slippery elm for constipation” find your comfort zone with it and get ready for a great life!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for All the spellcheck errors, the site was lagging bad for me and couldn’t really see what I was typing! 
  • Posted

Glad you found something that has help mate. Tho the cabbage dose sound nasty 😣 I to have chronic constipation and have tried all sort of diets and supplements to help deal with it. So I have some slippery elm coming tomoz after reading your achievements and hearing a great many of things about it and hope to have an outcome half as good as yours.

Thanks for sharing

• Posted

I am confident you will have great success with it. Listen, if your constipation is mild to moderate, it will work for sure. If you notice you are not going, you can double up and do the baking soda in the morning as I explained in the post. Baking soda can actually be used safely every day, after all, it’s a akready used for heartburn by doctors! It’s a great and very fast working laxative! For me, I have not needed any baking soda since I started the slippery elm! And I have have very very bad constipation, when my body decides to not work, its like everything just goes dead inside me, I eat and eat and nothing happens, my stomach gets bigger and bigger. It’s terrible, I can easily go a week to two before my body goes toxic and I get very sick. Before finding slippery elm, I lived on baking soda the last two years! I have been taking slippery elm about three to four weeks now, I actually ordered it in bulk! Once in a while it’s a little hard to go but I go! I go every day, without baking soda! You have no idea what this means to me! Well, maybe you have an idea lol since you suffer from the same thing. If I notice my stool is a little hard One day, I take a little more slippery elm the next day. I only had it a little hard twice in almost a month (I was able to go, just had to push a little, normally I don’t even have to push, I actually get the urge to go like normal people! It’s been so long since I felt that urge without baking soda haha)  . It used to be impossible to go at all before, I’d push until I was blue in the face and nothing would come out. I can’t  wait to see how it wors for you, I’m rambling haha, this is my biggest achievement, I’m so happy. Use the baking soda until the slippery elm gets there, try to clean yourself out a little first. Slippery elm is not a laxative, it’s just makes it 100% easier for your intestines to slide your bm out.like lubing up your intestines. Take a teaspoon o fb a king size soda in the mornings few days until you have a good bm, then you can stop. Baking soda used to give me diarrhea, it can be very strong, you can use up to a tablespoon if needed (best to start with a teaspoon, although half teaspoon worked for me unless my constipation was really bad) but be careful, its strong and works fast, especially you have a coffee or two. Do not eat or drink for 30 min, after that have the coffee or whatever u normally have. I made that mistake and had the morst painful gas craps I have ever had in my life, You may decide the baking soda makes ur life’s much easier too, for me, it was too strong and my body always switched from constipation to ibs, the baking soda was a catch22 for me, if you always have constipation non stop, the baking soda might be your savior too, it’s worth trying both for you, if the slippery elm doesn’t work right away, it could be becuse ur just plugged, he baking soda will unplug you. Give the slippery elm a clean running.
    • Posted

thanks for sharing. i have constipation as long as i remember. increasing fiber only makes mi constipate more regardless of huge amount of water i take.

can u tell me how much of slippery elm you take daily and how often? Also do u take it before, after or in between meals?

thank you

• Posted

Happy to hear that you are healed . Your story giving hopes to many including me, who are suffering from constipation . You said Baking Soda helped with constipation . Can you tell us ,when you started first baking soda for constipation , how much time it took to give you a bowel movement ....?

• Posted

Happy to hear that you are healed . Your story giving hopes to many including me, who are suffering from constipation . You said Baking Soda helped with constipation . Can you tell us ,when you started first baking soda for constipation , how much time it took to give you a bowel movement ....?

• Posted

hi

i'd love to try this but what about dutch elm disease? did you research at all?

ive had trouble with constipation for a long time and i am waiting to see my consultant at the moment as it has got worse and i feel bloated all the time.....worrying myself sick that i have a blockage as i dont feel the need to go....i also feel once ive eaten a couple of meals its pushing on my sciatica and making it painful in my butt!!!

can you relate to this at all?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.