On a totally trivial note..

Posted , 6 users are following.

The enforced six week period does have a few positives if you look hard enough. No gardening means I actually have presentable nails and have treated myself to some really frivolous nail varnishes. Can't stop admiring them! Equally frivolous, I worked out a way today of moisturising my own horrible dry legs instead if asking OH to do it. I bought one of those sponge on a stick things before my op 4 weeks ago. Today, I pulled an old sock over it, applied a liberal dollop of E45 and away I went! And by the way, 4 weeks in things are improving rapidly for me. Feels like a lifetime! Fingers crossed that it continues.

6 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Lol , well done you for your positivity ! But yes , not trivial at all - essential for wellbeing. I use the excuse of 3 hip surgeries to have a luxury pedicure each month and can just about moisturise my legs now ( 11 weeks) - but yes you need a bit of glamour and light relief in all this so thanks for your post xxxx
  • Posted

coolthat is so cool , steph -

celebrating with you]

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Thanks for the ideas. I'm a little less than 6 months away from my bilateral hip replacement. I've been trying to gather some of the things that will be useful for after. I'll definitely be getting one of those sponge things, maybe two. I've been trying to figure out how I will be able to dry my legs aND feet after a shower during restrictions. I think you may have come up with a solution. Wishing you the best on a continuing recovery
  • Posted

Hi love this idea. I'm nearly 11 weeks and have restrictions until 12 weeks. Just 1 week to go and counting.

I used the long shoe horn for applying hair removing cream to my legs and then just shower it off works a treat.

I've been wanting to fake tan my legs so I'm going to try your method.

I've been frivolous also I have had shellac on my toenails since week 2 and have recently had false finger nails all pink and sparkling.

I believe it helps with the recovery.

Wishing you a speedy recovery

Sue x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.