On going Brown Discharge/spotting

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm 57 overweight/obese and still in perimenopause. My last period was in early December. My periods for the last few years have been so crazy. It went from normal periods to crazy long ones and very heavy flooding ones with massive clots to having missed periods every 3 or 4 months apart. I think my estrogen was sky high because I would get so much slimy egg white discharge before my periods. But now I'm spotting on and off with no period. I am NOT on any HRTs.

This brown discharge is scaring me the most . Reading stuff on the internet is so confusing and terrifying . They either say you probably have Uterine, Ovarian or cervical cancer OR it says its normal

So my spotting/discharge started I think about a month or 2 ago. Its everyday but very light. It goes from normal white/yellow for a few days to reddish 1 day to light brown for a few days and then the cycle starts all over again with normal discharge 😦

I was under the impression that the late part of perimenopause your discharge was suppose to have a brownish tint to it and it was a normal thing. SO I never really worried. BUT I googled (VERY BAD IDEA) and now I'm terrified.

Please don't tell me I need to go check it out. I know and I will. But right now I so scared i'm crying all the time.

I just want to hear from anyone who can relate and had a good outcome. Because I'm already planning my funeral 😢

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.