On waiting list for Catheter ablation....

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi there,

I have been diagnosed with WPW (wolf parkinson white syndrome) and have been told today by my consultant that I require catheter ablation. He was very reassuring telling me how there is minimal risk and I could either have general anesthetic or local with sedation. My question is...has anyone had it? how was it? I definitely do not want general anesthetic and I would prefer to do it without sedation as I hate the way it makes me feel. I told the consultant this and he said I would be fine without it. Is this true? has anyone had it without sedation? When I have looked online it is mainly american sites which seem to make it out to be a big procedure where general anesthetic is a must but my consultant said it is a painless procedure (except for the local anesthetic needle) so why would I need sedation? any words of wisdom or stories welcome (good and bad!) thanks in advance.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.