One week lexapro

Posted , 2 users are following.

i am having a difficult time with startup from lexapro. sensitive to meds so doc started me on 2.5mg, been on it one week now. lots of nausea, anxiety, insomnia, no appetite. yesterday was a very calm and normal day for me, we went out for the day, came home went to bed and woke up at 3am with panicky feelings, inner body tremors and nausea. is it normal for things to change so abruptly and drastically from one day to the next during start up. i was so optimistic that things were i proving yesterday and today is one of the worst days ever anxiety wise. i am supposed to increase my dose to 5mg tonight. it doesnt appear anyone uses this forum anymore, i hope someone is out there who can help me.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Hello Mimi60,

I saw your post and it seems that we are probably one of the few who are using this board for Lexapro.

Anyways, I'm hoping that things have been better since your post.

I too am struggling with severe anxiety after starting Lexapro two weeks ago. I created a post about what's going on with me earlier.

Although I am struggling now, I do want to share that I was on Lexapro for about five years and it literally saved my life. I've had three depressive/anxious episodes, and each time Lexapro allowed me to return to life as normal as before the episodes. For the first two episodes, 10 mg was enough to stabilize me; the third episode happened while I was on Lexapro, 10 mg, but after an increase to 20 mg everything came back to normal.

Then, earlier this year I decided to wean off the medication because I felt that I no longer needed it. In retrospect, that was a big mistake, as the depression and anxiety came back full force and, after a month of not being on the meds and having it VERY rough, I decided to go back on the medication.

It's been two weeks (5 mg first week, 10 mg second week, and doctor has recommended increasing the dose to 15 mg tomorrow night).

My anxiety is pretty bad, filled with constant worrying, rumination, lack of concentration, and inability to fall back asleep.

To answer your question, it does appear that it is normal for things to be different one day to the next. My doctor communicated that this could happen, but to not be discouraged or judge the process by differences in between days.

All I can say is that it seems we are in the same boat, and hoping that things get better for us. If anything, we can provide each other support during this difficult time. Anxiety is crippling and debilitating, and it is completely true what I've read elsewhere that if someone has not gone through this, they have no idea how much of a struggle it can be.

Sending positive thoughts and vibes and well wishes that we will be alright!

• Posted

thank you cor your response, nice to know someone else is out there. ive since upper my dose to 5 for 2 weeks and last night upped to 7.5. nothing good so far just lots of side effects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.