Ongoing menstrual bleeding for more than a month

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm 47 years old, so this may be a symptom of peri-menopause and I do have an appointment with a gyn next week. Twice this year I have skipped a period. This past time I was more than two weeks late when it started on November 2. It is now December 5 and the bleeding has not stopped. (I definitely was not pregnant.) At one time the bleeding did lessen, and I would go a day or so with nothing, than sort of a burst of bleeding for an hour or or so, then nothing again. At the time that my period would have started normally, I experienced SEVERE cramping and started a much heavier than normal period with clotting. It has lightened up somewhat but I'm still having a "normal" amount of period bleeding. This is a nightmare. I ordered 6 pairs of the "period" underwear and wear them all the time because I was afraid to even leave the house due to random bleeding of unpredictable amounts. There has been moments of extremely heavy bleeding followed by nothing. If anyone has experienced this, I would be very interested to know if there was a cause. Again, I am seeing a gyno next week as I do feel it will require medical intervention, I am just curious.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.